Governance Review Council
ChargeThe Governance Review Council will monitor and evaluate the governance process to ensure that: • The system’s processes, decision-making and communication are available to all.
- The “Principles for Effective Governance” as outlined in the Participatory Governance Manual are adhered to.
- Committees are fulfilling their charges effectively.
- Those involved accept responsibility for the roles they play in the system and for communicating information to their constituent group.
- Appropriate decisions are made consistent with the mission of the College.
- There is commitment by the College to a continuous maintenance of its system of internal governance.
The Governance Review Council shall:
- Conduct a review and evaluation six months after adoption of the new governance procedures.
- Conduct an evaluation of the governance system annually or more frequently when deemed necessary by two of the three senates or the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as an adjudicating body for any issues having to do with the governance process. All recommendations will be written, justified and distributed to the College Council.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
- Recommend changes and revisions to the governance system that are based on the outcome of the evaluation process.
- 3 faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- 3 classified staff appointed by the CSEA/SEIU Joint Committee
- 3 students appointed by the Student Senate
- 3 managers appointed by the Superintendent/President
- The Chair or Co-Chairs will be elected from the group.
back to top