Welcome to the College of Marin Classified Senate
I. Mission Statement and Handbook
II. Current and Past Events
III. Classified Senators
IV. Classified Senate Constitution and Bylaws
V. Minutes and Agendas
VII. Forms and Resources
Mission and Purpose
The Classified Senate represents the voice of the classified staff in all participatory governance matters. The Classified Senate also actively collects, evaluates, and disseminates information to the classified staff; provides classified staff with a formal representative voice in recommending institutional policies and procedures, college goals, plans and priorities; and represents the collective interests of the classified staff before or on any governance or college committee.
A few key responsibilities of the Classified Senate are:
- To provide classified staff with a formal structure and effective procedure for participation in the College’s Participatory Governance System, including the development of the College Mission, Vision, Values, plans, policies and matters related to Accreditation.
- To support classified staff participation on college and statewide committees, dealing with governance, planning and policies.
- To promote professional development for all classified staff.
- To provide leadership opportunities for classified staff.
- To foster communication, understanding and mutual support among the classified staff.
- To provide a centralized means of communication between classified staff and the rest of the college community, including but not limited to, administrators, faculty, students and the Board of Trustees.
The Classified Senate usually meets the 1st Tuesday of the Month from 12:00 to 1:00 in the teleconference rooms LC 53 (KTD)/ISC 201(IVC) unless otherwise noted.
All meetings are open to the public. Please feel free to contact any of the Classified Senators listed below to ask questions or get information about the Senate.
Classified Professionals Handbook
Current and Past Events
Please join us at our various events throughout the year. We welcome any feedback or suggestions for future events.
Here is a gallery of some of the past events. Hope to see you soon.
2014-2015 Classified Senators
|Fine Arts and Drama
||Maintenance and Operations
|Math and Sciences
||Maintenance and Operations
|Maintenance and Operations
Constitution & Bylaws
In November 2010, the Classified Senate recommended a revision to the Classified Senate Constitution and Bylaws that updated the documents and clarified procedures to reflect current practice. The revised Constitution and Bylaws were approved by a majority vote of the Classified Staff on November 29, 2010, and Article III was amended in May 2012.
Constitution and Bylaws
Statement of Ethics
Minutes and Agendas
Please find all of our minutes and agendas below. If you want to schedule a time to be placed on the agenda, please contact Elle Dimopoulos for more information.
Classified Senate Awards
The Classified Senate formalized a process to recognize our outstanding classified staff on an annual basis. Each year individuals and departments are selected from nominations by their peers, to be honored based on the criteria of:
- Quality of work
- Extra effort
- Positive attitude
- Collaboration and
2014 Classified Senate Awards (opens a new PDF)
2013 Classified Senate Awards (opens a new PDF)
Link to Prior Awards
Forms and Resources
Classified Senate Payroll Deduction Form (PDF 19 KB)
California Community College Classified Senate (4CS)
4CS Facebook Page
|* These files require Adobe Acrobat Reader which you may download for free from Adobe's web site.
back to top
Classified Senate Web
Content Responsible: Elle Dimopoulos, Classified Senate
Technical Contact: Kim Foulger, Classified Senate Secretary