What is “Ask a Counselor”?
This service is to provide COM students with a resource to ask general counseling questions that pertain to reaching their educational goal at College of Marin. For new and prospective students, we highly recommend that you make an in-person counseling appointment. After reading the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) on the next page, you may submit a short question. The e-counselor counselor does not have access to your personal records or transcripts during the utilization of “Ask a Counselor”; that service is only available during in-person appointments.
Please be aware that due to the nature of the technology, there can be no assurance of confidentiality when using "Ask a Counselor" service.
Ask a Counselor can provide you with the following services:
- Information regarding COM classes, programs and services
- Transferability of COM College Courses
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- College procedures and academic policy
The following services require an in-person counseling appointment. Please call: 415.485.9432 if your question falls under one of the below topics:
- Transcript evaluation (high school and college)
- Academic probation, disqualification/dismissal or readmission counseling
- Prerequisites and eligibility for classes
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)
- Student Educational Plans (SEP)
- Assistance with university applications
- Transfer preparation
- Personal, psychological, crisis, or career counseling
If you need immediate crisis counseling, contact Marin County Mental Health Services 415.473.6769 or call 911.
Counseling Web Site
Content Responsible: Gina Cullen, Chair, Counseling Services