SEMESTER: SPRING 2015
7th edition of Moore: Introduction to the Practice of Statistics + CD ROM + Stats Portal ISBN - 978-14292-7900-0
The book is available at the COM bookstore.
Make sure to purchase the one listed under my name (section # 10304). The textbook comes with the StatsPortal access code that you need to get access to the Online material (eBook, study guides, video tutorials, etc.) at no extra cost.
StatsPortal for IPS (For the 7th ed.)
StatsPortal for Introduction to the Practice Statistics (IPS) is a digital version of the text with full integration of resources, and online access to Study Guides, Excel and TI-83/84 manuals, and direct links to interactive resources.
If you don’t need a hard copy of the textbook, you can purchase a StatsPortal Access code only and use the electronic version of the textbook that comes with it, which will save you approx. $100.
How to sign up to StatsPortal for Introduction to the Practice Statistics
- Go to http://courses.bfwpub.com/ips7e (Mac users need to use Firefox).
- Click on the link "REGISTER AN ACTIVATION CODE."
NOTE: if you don't have an Activation Code, you can purchase access on the website by clicking on the “PURCHASE” link.
- You will be prompted to follow the on-screen instructions to find your course.
- Enter the activation code that came with your textbook or that you purchased from the textbook publisher's Web site.
- Enter your email address, choose a password and be ready to go.
- Sign In (Mac users must use Firefox)
TI-83/84 Resources (for Ch6,7,8,9)
-- Finding P-Values
-- Inference for Means - Keepress.com
-- Using the t-Distribution
- TEST 1 (Covers Ch 1 & 2)
- TEST 2
(NopPractice test available)
- TEST 3 (Covers Ch 5 & 6)
- FINAL (Covers Ch 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8)
Note: Practice tests consist of only multiple-choice questions and are meant to help you measure your undrestanding of the material. In-calss tests require that you show your work and combine various types of problems (including multiple choice questions).
Virtual TI-83 Graphing Calculator
AGAINST ALL ODDS SERIES
Khan Academy - Satistics
Statistical Applets for IPS