October 12, 2006
Victoria Coade, Frank Crosby, Steve Dodson, Chris Edmondson, Andy
Haber, Andrea Hunter, Rick Sapanaro, Felix Sargent, Ingrid Schreck,
Jessica Sutter Hector, Harriet Eskildsen
Guests: Hector Seguel-Rivas, Sr. Creative Designer.
· The September 28, 2006 Minutes were approved with a minor change.
Review of Action Items/Unfinished Business
· Website Updates -The Marketing Department will send out a campus wide announcement regarding procedures for website updates. This announcement should go out before Thanksgiving.
· Internet/Email policy development task group.- Susan Andrien and Andy Haber met for the fist time. They were unsuccessful in contacting the student representative for the first meeting. They have downloaded material and are in the process of reviewing it. Jessica Sutter volunteered to be part of the task group.
· Digital Resource Study Bernie and Susan met and felt that this was not a pressing issue and decided not to participate in the study.
· Modernization Infrastructure – Alfa Tech has been hired to help create a plan that will address infrastructure requirements for the modernization project. This plan should address the needs of the college well into the future.
· A task group was formed comprised of the following members: Andy, Frank, Harriet, Susan, Steve & Jessica. Rick offered to serve as a resource. The task group is charged in creating a “shell” plan to address Distance Education.
· This item was not discussed.
Work Group Formation
· A request was made to establish an Instructional Technology Work group. Anyone interested should contact Win Cottle.
· The committee discussed the need for training and support for WebCT. Steve Dodson will talk Kathleen Kirkpatrick about training and Ingrid will talk to Anita Martinez about creating a support position for WebCT.
Marin Telecommunications Franck Crosby updated the group on the progress of the Public Media Center project. CoM, Comcast and MTA (Marin Telecommunications Association) have been meeting in order to try to create a Public Media Center at CoM. Comcast has agree to contribute. The Center would include Public access T.V & Educational/Governmental Media. They are in the process of creating a joint use agreement and it looks as though the project will come to fruition.
Meeting Wrap Up
· Steve Dodson will talk Kathleen Kirkpatrick about training
· Ingrid will talk to Anita Martinez about creating a support position for WebCT
Agenda Items for Next Meeting
· Instructional Technology Work Group
· Support & Training for WebCT
· “Shell” Plan