***Technology Commitee ***
***May 11, 2006***
Present: Win Cottle, Frank Crosby, Andy Haber, Andrea Hunter, Patrick Kelly, Ingrid Schreck, Rainer Wachlovosky
Agenda approved for today’s meeting, May 11, 2006.
Minutes from May 4, 2006 were approved with changes.
Committee discussed the plan for equipment re-allocation and expressed concern that good equipment would be needlessly disposed.
Committee discussed Apple’s podcasting deal, which give professors free instructional content storage space—for video and audio for example. If Apple’s deal allows files to be downloaded only to Ipods, then the program is not one we want. The committee agreed they needed more information.
There was agreement that 100 concurrent Adobe Acrobat licenses are approved for purchase.
Posting of Public Documents
The Brown Act pertains to elected officials, officials elected by the public; for example, the the Board of Trustees must have minutes available to the public but the Tech Committee does not. Therefore, Tech Committee minutes may be posted on the Intranet. Information on publishing information to the Intranet needs to be available to committee Chairs and Secretaries.
Restructuring of Tech Committee
Ingrid initiated discussion of who should be Chair or Secretary or should we keep the status quo. No decision was made.
Meeting Wrap Up
· Action Item: Ingrid will write to the IPC to say that we are concerned with inventory and disposal.
· Action Item: Ingrid will invite David Kern from Transitions to speak about the plan for re-allocation and re-use of technology.
· Action Item: Andy will contact Julie Beady from Transitions to inquire about the plan for re-allocation and re-use.
· Action Item: Members will investigate the Apple podcasting offer.
· Action Items: Win will find out dates of Adobe Training at COM.
· Action Item: Win will find out about getting minutes onto Intranet.
· Action Item: Win and Ingrid find out about instructions for publishing minutes to the Intranet.
Agenda Items for Next Meeting—May 18
WebCT migration, Campus-Wide Help Desk for Tech Support, Restructuring of Tech Committee