***Technology Commitee ***

***May 4, 2006***

Meeting Summary

 

 

Present:  Windee Cottle, Frank Crosby, Steve Dodson, Chris Edmondson, Harriet Eskildsen, Andy Haber, John Hinds, Andrea Hunter, Patrick Kelly, Rick Sapanaro, Ingrid Schreck, Rainer Wachlovosky

 

Guests: Bernie Blackman, Director Organizational Development, Hector Seguel-Rivas, Sr. Creative Designer

Agenda

 

  1. Agenda Review/Approve
  2. Minutes Review/Approve
  3. VP Student Learning Visits
  4. Bernie Reports
  5. Rick Reports
  6. Review of Action Items

 

 

Meeting Summary

 

Approve Agenda

Agenda approved for today’s meeting, May 4, 2006.

 

Approve Minutes

Minutes from April 20, 2006 were approved.

 

Agenda

VP Student Learning Anita Martinez Visits

Anita discussed the updated workplan and asked for approval from the Tech Committee.  The workplan now includes a feedback loop column and is approved.

 

Bernie Reports: 

Bernie reported that a WASC report is due October 15 and that the Governance Review Council has excellent dialogue, and is an example for other Community Colleges to follow.

Bernie gave an update on the software he has chosen: The third party software to be used for budget and strategic planning is TrackDat.

He also reported that an interesting geographic informations system software called “Archview” was discussed in cabinet, a software that would examine and analyze enrollment, management, and marketing.

Crystal Reports training using the sequel server is underway.

Also underway is the formation of a task force whose purpose will be to look at what kinds of data COM should collect and analyze.  The Data Acquisitions Task Force will define data elements and create cluster analyses.  Maula Allen and Patrick Kelly will be members of this newly formed task force.

Rick Reports:

Discussion took place of whether or not a site license is needed.  No decision was made.

 

Posting of Public Documents:

Hector is accessing the College Website and is developing a tutorial for posting content on the web including folder creation. 

The tutorial will be ready very soon and will be advertised in the President’s weekly briefing.

 

 

Meeting Wrap Up

·         Action Items?

 

 

Agenda Items for Next Meeting—May 11

Hector will speak on charettes.