***Technology Commitee ***

***March 30, 2006***

Meeting Summary

 

 

Present:  Windee Cottle, Frank Crosby, Steve Dodson, Chris Edmondson, Harriet Eskildsen, Andy Haber, John Hinds, Andrea Hunter, Patrick Kelley, Rick Sapanaro, Ingrid Schreck, Rainer Wachlovosky

 

Guests: Bernie Blackman, VP Organizational Development and Anita Martinez, VP Student Learning

 

Agenda

 

  1. Agenda Review/Approve
  2. Minutes Review/Approve
  3. Anita Martinez Makes Announcements
  4. Bernie Reports
  5. Rick Reports
  6. Review of Action Items

 

 

Meeting Summary

 

Approve Agenda

Agenda approved for today’s meeting, March 30, 2006.

 

Approve Minutes

Minutes from March 16, 2006 were approved.

 

Agenda

·         Anita Martinez Makes Announcements:

Based on committee’s written recommendations, Anita created and distributed a working work plan which shows who is responsible for what.  This is a plan that goes to the budget committee; once there is consensus, it should first go to the IPC.  Anita is interested in getting feedback by email once the plan is reviewed.

Ingrid expressed concern about the feedback loop in the plan’s implementation and so Anita will add a feedback loop section to plan.

·         Bernie Reports:  Bernie distributed and explained a conceptual map for district wide planning and discussed possible software for strategic planning which will insure goals are transparent and in process.

·         Rick Reports: Rick announced that WebCT 6 upgrade is possible running on a sequel server and implications of migration were discussed: 1) IT needs to plan for migration 20 faculty training in WebCT is needed. Ingrid and Win are in the process of writing plan for faculty training.  Media services will be included in training. 

Rick also announced: As of April 18th, wireless access is available on the second floor of the Learning Resources Building.

 

 

 

 

Meeting Wrap Up

·         Action: Committee members will review Anita’s work plan.

·         Action: Win and Ingrid will work on EEIF proposal for faculty and staff training in WebCT.

·         Action:  Rick, Rainer, Chris, and Steve will continue to discuss WebCT 6 migration.

·         Action: Rick, Rainer, and Steve will continue to discuss student domain server implementation.

·         Action: Rick, Rainer, and Steve will collaborate on procedure and availability of Dept./faculty webspace.

·         Action: Rainer will follow up on conversion of online forms—conversion to PDF.

 

 

Agenda Items for Next Meeting—April 20

·         What is policy on computer recycling and disposal?

·         Plan for student domain server will be discussed.

·         Kathy Summa-Wolfe will present.