11:00am – 12:30pm,
November 17, 2005
Frank Crosby, Steve Dodson, Harriet
Eskildsen, Andy Haber, Andrea Hunter, Patrick Kelly, Jeff Peck (in
place), Rick Sapanaro, Ingrid Schreck
>Windee Cottle, <>Julie Driscoll, Chris Edmondson, John
Hinds, >Victoria Coad
Agenda Discussion Items
Thursday, Nov. 17: 11pm -12:30 HC 124
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
I. Agenda Items
1. Review of Agenda Items
2. Review of Minutes
II Discussion Items
1. Review of Revised Memo to Institutional Planning to be presented at
the Instructional Planning Committee on Nov. 30
Revision will include all comments from the committee and Ingrid will
present the Memo to the Planning Committee at the Nov. 30th Meeting.
2. Frank's gave a Demo on technology assisted instruction. He will send
along more links to review to the committee via e-mail
- Frank expressed the need to keep these instructional models in
mind in our planning efforts
3. Patrick, Rick & Rainer's Demo of Student/Faculty Portal
The portal will be presented to the IP committee on Nov. 30th.
The following items will soon be included on a Tech Committee Web Page.
- announcements page with updates on FLEX activities & other
training opportunities related to Technology
- "Whom to Contact and What's Available" page: Tech access/support
on campus for students, faculty & Staff Policy page--instructions
on Tech policies like FTP procedures/instructions, public folder
access/instructions, homepage access/instructions, Intranet
access/instructions, Instructions on requesting username/password
- Places of Interest on Campus: Wireless Lab info, "How to get
Internet access on Campus" (for students, staff & faculty)
- Creation of online survey for students, faculty, and staff for
data collection purposes
identify a Web Support
Coordinator for faculty professional development.
- investigate Instructional
Technology support structures at other schools.
- develop a Tech Web Page
to provide faculty with technology instructions that are unique to to
- implement more flex
activities to provide faculty with technology training.