Start reading today! Sign up for your FREE issues of Student Health 101. Each issue of Student Health 101 provides up-to-date information on improving health and well-being. Just to name a few of the subjects: fitness, nutrition, sleep, academics and much more. Students can access a mobile edition of Student Health 101 to read on-the-go. Check out the current issue.
All registered students, regardless of insurance, are eligible for the same no charge or low cost student health services care.
The Student Health Center is staffed by a physician, registered nurses, and health services assistants who are ready to help students maintain their health. Health services are offered in two ways:
- On a drop-in basis where students are seen by the registered nurse
- By appointment with the physician
- First aid
- Limited care for acute, non-chronic illnesses
- Pregnancy testing, Plan B, contraception information and education
- Physicals for colleges entrance requirements and COM academic programs only
- STD testing twice yearly and referral information
- Over-the-counter, self-care medications
- Lab tests (limited)
- Blood pressure screening
- Vision and hearing testing
- Safe sex information
- Referrals to low cost community agencies
- Personal counseling is available by appointment. Please call 415.485.9432.
Services for Women including contraception, pap smears, Plan B, STI testing, yeast and vaginitis testing and treatment, and family planning counseling are by referral only. Educational material are readily available.
Confidentiality Statement: All medical and personal counseling records are confidential with legal restraints. Our records are not part of the student’s academic records. Information will not be released without student’s written consent. For more information, please review our Student Health Center HIPAA statement.