Instructional SLOs Assessment
Tracking Tool for COM Common Rubrics
Click on the "X" to download the excel tracking tool to your desktop. (updated 5/7/2012)
View example of the Tracking Tool
Rubric Assessment Tracking Tool for up to 80 students
(Tracking Tools are all Excel documents)
|Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Combined|
|Scientific Reasoning--Physical Sciences|
|Scientific Reasoning--Life/Earth/Social Sciences|
|Written Communication [Revised again Oct. 25, 2012]|
|Modern Language Oral Presentation|
|Modern Language Written Composition|
|Modern Language Critical Thinking|
|Modern Languages - American Sign Language|
Instructions for filling out the tracking tool:
- You may use these excel spreadsheets for pre and post testing or for only one test.
- On the top left, please enter the semester/year and the course name and CRN.
- On the left side of the page is an excel table with yellow rows.
- Please write the name of your student (or abbreviation) in the first column.
- Please write the score from 1 to 4 for each section of the rubric you assessed. (Do not use decimals or "0").
- If you do a post test, please enter the results on the next page - which is to the right of the first page on the actual tracking tool.
- All other data points and charts will fill in automatically.
- At the end of the semester, please email completed spreadsheet to Dr. Chialin Hsieh, Director of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness, 415.485.9545.
NOTE: The point of these assessments is not for evaluation of faculty, but for institutional evaluation - to assess that our students are meeting the college-wide outcomes. Data will be aggregated by rubric and/or by GE area if relevant.
Student Learning Outcomes and Program Reviews
Content and Technical Responsible: Dr. Chialin Hsieh, Director of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness, 415.485.9545