Technology Planning Committee (TPC)
Agenda and Meeting Minutes
The Technology Committee operates as a subcommittee of the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee to assure staff and faculty involvement in technology planning and provide guidance for major technological decisions. The Committee will make recommendations to the Planning and Resource Allocation Committee regarding technology-related issues and will be responsible for the following:
- Provide oversight for the development, implementation, and updating of an integrated Technology Plan.
- Review and develop technology-related policies for the District.
- Make specific recommendations to the superintendent/president on the use of technology throughout the District with regard to both ongoing activities and future direction.
- Inform the College community in advances and opportunities in technology to support teaching and learning.
- Disseminate information about the current activities and future plans in each of the technology areas (Infrastructure, Information Systems, Instructional, and Student Services).
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of the entire technological effort in the District.
- Assess and develop policy on matters such as intellectual property rights, appropriate use of technology, and standards.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of equipment to support instruction and student areas to the Instructional Equipment Committee and other appropriate groups.
Eight (8) faculty appointed by the Academic Senate, preferably from the following areas:
- Transfer Programs
- Workforce Development/Career Programs
- Basic Skills/ESL
- Lifelong Learning Programs
- Technical Discipline
- Online Instruction
Three (3) classified staff appointed by the official classifed staff appointing body.
Two (2) students appointed from the Student Senate
Two (2) managers appointed by the superintendent/president
The Chair or Co-Chairs will be elected from the group.
Printer friendly version of the Technology Planning Committee description.
Technology Plan 2012-2017
2013 – 2014
||Classified Professionals - Chair
|Kofi Opong Mensah
TPC meets from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursday of the month when classes are in session. Check the Governance Meetings Calendar to confirm room location and current meeting dates and times.
Agendas, Minutes and Meeting Materials
Previous meeting minutes and agendas
back to top
Technology Planning Committee Webpage
Technical Contact: Mike Irvine, Classified Professionals - Chair