Section 21113A of the California Vehicle Code grant the authority for the Marin Community College Police Department to enforce ALL Vehicle Code violations on the parking lots and roadways within College District property. In addition, the District may adopt it's own regulations, to provide adequate parking, and the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles.
The following information is posted at the entrance to college parking lots:
- Valid properly displayed parking permits are required at all times (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays excluded.)
- Staff permits must be displayed in designated staff areas
- Park in marked stalls only
- Obey posted signs and markings
- No parking between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Vehicles parked over 72 hours will be towed at owner's expense
- Illegally parked vehicles will be cited or towed
- Speed limit 10 mph
- Authority by 21113A CVC
- Vehicles parked in lot 13 (free pakring lot) must be parked perpendicular facing a log or boulder
- No motorhome or bus parking in any lot / team buses must make arrangements with the Physical Education Department and Police Department prior to arrival
The above regulations apply 365 days a year unless otherwise noted. Illegally parked vehicles can be cited and/or towed, even if class is not in session. Read all signs and road markings carefully. Be sure to park only in a marked stall, clearly display your permit, and lock your vehicle.
Parking permits are required Monday through Friday (except school holidays) even if class is not in session.