|415.883.2211 ext. 8164
|Payroll: Employees A - L|
|415.883.2211 ext. 8163
|Payroll: Employees M - Z|
|415.883.2211 ext. 8161
Payroll Department Overview
The payroll department is responsible for accurate payroll processing, inputting employee payroll and benefit deductions, payroll direct deposit and check distribution, and annual IRS Form W-2 reporting.
Please read this annual memorandum which outlines timecard due dates and related pay dates for timecard users.
All staff, supervisors, and managers should read this important timecard procedures memorandum to understand timecard procedures and responsibilities.
The District distributes all payroll checks via regular United States mail only. Payroll checks include all paper checks and payroll direct deposit advices. This process is applicable to all employees, including permanent, temporary, and student employees. Please note that following points related to payroll checks:
- To ensure accurate and timely delivery of your payroll check or direct deposit advice via regular United States mail, please make sure the DIstrict has your correct mailing address. Submit a change of address notice directly to the Human Resources Department to update your address on file with the District.
- The District encourages enrollment in payroll direct deposit, which is available to all employees. Direct deposit is safe, timely, and avoids lost paper checks. In addition, direct deposit saves time by avoiding errands to the bank. Complete a Payroll Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form.
- Payroll checks are valid on the actual pay date. You may cash your payroll check on or after the actual pay date. Should you happen to receive your payroll check via United States mail before the actual pay date, then the payroll check will not yet be valid. You cannot cash your payroll check before the pay date. Your financial institution may assess you returned check fees or other bank fees should you attempt to deposit or cash your payroll check before the actual pay date.
Federal Withholding Elections
Adjust your federal income tax withholding via IRS form W-4. Forward the completed form to the Payroll Department.
- IRS Form W-4, Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Internal Revenue Service - 2014 Withholdings Calculator (external link).
California Withholding Elections
Adjust your state income tax withholding via EDD Form DE 4. Forward the completed form to the Payroll Department.
- EDD Form DE 4, Withholding Allowance Certificate
- State of California Franchise Tax Board Tax Calculator, Tables, and Rates (external link).
Payroll Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization
Direct deposit enrollment is available and encouraged for all employees. Forward the completed Payroll Direct Deposit Enrollment Form to the Payroll Department. Instructions for completing the form are included in the form document.
Authorization for Overtime
Per Administrative Procedure 7234, upon determination of the necessity for paid overtime as approved by the supervisor, proper approvals will be obtained on the Authorization for Overtime form. The Payroll Department must receive a properly completed Authorization for Overtime form to match (or accompany) the overtime timecard in advance of processing overtime earnings for payment.
Payroll Deduction – Voluntary Elections to Support the College of Marin
The District Advancement Office is now accepting payroll deduction contributions for the support of departments, programs, student scholarships, and special projects. To start payroll deduction, please complete and submit a Payroll Deduction Form. If you would like to use payroll deduction to establish a student scholarship, please also complete a Scholarship Donation Form. For more information call the Communications, Community Relations, and Advancement Office, ext. 7648.
Employee benefits eligibility and plan enrollment forms are handled by the Human Resources department. Please see the Human Resources Employee Benefits page.
Payroll Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), as well as FAQ's for all Fiscal Services, can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Fiscal Services Website
Content Responsible: Peggy Isozaki, Director of Fiscal Services, 415.883.2211 ext. 8160
Technical Contact: Melinda Molloy, Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of College Operations, 415.883.2211 ext. 8101