The State of California Public Contract Code section 20651 establishes the bid limit for the purchase of materials, supplies, and services to be furnished, sold or leased. The limit is subject to change on January 1 of each year. There are two distinct bid limits based on total contract value:
- Effective January 1, 2014 the bit limit is $84,100 and applies to the following items:
- The purchase of equipment, materials, or supplies to be furnished, sold, or leased to the District.
- Services, except construction services.
- Repairs, including maintenance as defined in Public Contract Code Section 20656, that are not a public project as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 22002
- As of January 1, 2013, the bid limit threshold is $15,000 for construction contracts under Public Contract Code 20111(b). Constructions contracts in this category include contracts with the licensed trades to perform construction, reconstruction, alteration, renovation, improvement, demolition, landscaping, voice or data cabling, painting, or repair work involving any publicly owned, leased, or operated facility.
If the total contract value is below the applicable bid limit, then the District Buyer may issue a Purchase Order without conducting an advertised formal competitive bid process. However, the purchase may be subject to a District purchasing requirement to obtain informal bids or quotations – see the Purchasing Matrix for specific District policies. Informal bidding promotes open competition and results in reduced acquisition costs which save valuable public resources.
Bid Proposal #15-0102: Kentfield Tree Health Project
Notice is hereby given that the Governing Board (“Board”) of the Marin Community College District (“District”), of the County of Marin, State of California, will receive sealed bids for the Kentfield Tree Health Project #15-0102 (“Project”) up to, but not later than, 3:00 p.m. Friday, January 30, 2015, and will thereafter publicly open and read aloud the bids. All bids shall be received at the office of the District Buyer, located at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus, 1800 Ignacio Blvd., Building 8, in Room 130, in Novato, California, 94949. Bid opening will occur at 3:00 p.m. on the date stated above at the College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus, 1800 Ignacio Blvd., Administrative Services Building 8, in Room 130, at Novato, California, 94949.
Amendment #1 - The signed and dated Addendum must be included with the Bid.
There have not been any bids awarded in 2015.
Fiscal Services Website
Content Responsible: Peggy Isozaki, Director of Fiscal Services, 415.883.2211 ext. 8160
Technical Contact: Melinda Molloy, Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of College Operations, 415.883.2211 ext. 8101