Skip to Content  |   A to Z Index  |   Kentfield Campus  |   Indian Valley Campus

College of Marin
Financial Aid
Home New Students - Prospective Students Current Students of College of Marin Colletge of Marin Faculty and Staff About the College of Marin College of Marin Search Engine
How to Apply for Financial Aid

Most types of financial aid require that you file a Federal Student Aid Application (FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid.)
The Federal Student Aid Information Center can answer your questions regarding the FAFSA application. 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 319-337-5665.

FAFSA online


Students with AB 540 status are now eligible to apply for some Sate Aid Programs. Under the California Dream Act of 2011.

Information on how to use the IRS data retrieval tool

Some programs may have additional application forms, such as:

Have questions about financial aid
at College of Marin? Get answers now! 24/7. Learn about financial aid through these short videos:
faTV/Financial Aid TV

Filing the FAFSA

There are two ways to file the FAFSA

  1. 1) File online at Filing your FAFSA online is highly encouraged and usually the fastest method. Be sure that when filing the FAFSA online, you are on the official website. There is no fee to apply.
  2. 2) You can fill out a paper FAFSA and mail it to the federal processing agency. The paper FAFSA can be downloaded at . or you can obtain a paper application by calling 1-800-433-3243. Filing the paper FAFSA could delay processing up to six weeks.
  3. The Federal Student Aid Information Center can answer your questions regarding the FAFSA application. 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 319-337-5665.

Click here for Tips on filing the FAFSA

The FAFSA form covers one academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer). A new FAFSA needs to be submitted for each new academic year. Your application will not be renewed automatically, even if your information has remained the same. Forms for each new academic year become available in January.

Application Deadlines

  • March 2 - Students applying for Cal Grants, 10,000 Degrees (formally known as MEF) and College of Marin Foundation scholarships must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supplemental forms prior to March 2 for the following Fall semester. Cal Grant also has a 2nd deadline of
  • September 2nd. Students applying for Federal Work-Study and Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants must also submit their FAFSA by the March 2 deadline.

If you miss the March 2 deadline you can still apply for Fee Waivers, Pell Grants and Loans by filling out the FAFSA.

What Happens Next?

Once the FAFSA has been processed by the Processor (you can check the status of your application at (1-800-433-3243), the school(s) you identified on your FAFSA application will receive your information electronically.
Once the school has received and processed your information, they may request additional information.
Once the school receives all documentation requested, the financial aid office will review your file and contact you regarding your eligibility.

Click here to contact us

back to top

Financial Aid webpage
Tehnical Responsible: Andrea Hunter, Enrollment Services Associate, 415.485.9422
Content Responsible: Diane Traversi, Dean of Enrollment Services, 415.485.9414