DSPS Policy on Suspension and Termination of Services
A student may face suspension and termination of services for inappropriate use of services, which is defined as a failure to comply with the policies and procedures for individual services that students are using. Failure to comply with the terms stated within each specific service area may result in the termination of that service.
1. Only services that have been used inappropriately may be terminated in the middle of a semester.
2. Prior to the termination of a service, the student will be notified in writing that unless s/he meets with his/her DSPS counselor to discuss the area of concern, the service will be automatically terminated one (1) week from the date of the letter.
3. At the time of the meeting with the counselor, the student will need to sign off on the Warning of Suspension or Termination contract which outlines the guidelines for continuing service.
4. If a service is terminated, it will be terminated for the current semester.
5. Terminated services may be reinstated during the current semester only on the authorization of a DSPS counselor, and only if there are extenuating circumstances which warrant the reinstatement of service.
6. Reinstatement of services for subsequent semesters will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
7. The student may appeal suspension and termination of services to the Dean of Student Development.
Disabled Students Program home page