Student Achievement (Strategic Plan Objective 6.1)
Strategic Plan Objective 6.1
Objective 6: Teaching and Learning Strategies
Develop, implement, and evaluate teaching and learning strategies that improve student success.
Champion: VP Student Learning
Action Step 6.1: The College will set standards of satisfactory performance for student success (student achievement and student learning) and assess the appropriateness of the standards via program review and input from constituent groups to align with the Implementation of the New U.S. Department of Education Regulations New Evaluation Team Responsibilities (per letter from ACCJC, fall 2012).
Methods and Outcomes:
- Establish the standards of satisfactory performance for student success.
- PRIE will provide summary data and longitudinal data for course/program/certificate completion, licensure pass data, job placement data where available, graduation data, university transfer data, time to degree, etc.
- Assess the appropriateness of the standards for student success.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the standards.
- Train and facilitate the data dialogue.
Work Team: Director of PRIE, VP Student Learning, VP Student Services, Instructional Team, Academic Senate, Program Coordinators, and Department Chairs.
Timeline: Ongoing, annually; starting Year 1 (2012-2013)
New US Department of Education Regulations New Evaluation Team Responsibilities
Implementation of New US Department of Education Regulations New Evaluation Team Responsibilities (per letter from ACCJC, fall 2012).
Student Achievement Data
- 1. Course Retention 2009-2012
- 2. Course Success 2009-2012
- 3. Degrees/Ceterficates Awareded 2008-2012
- 4. Licensure Pass Data:
Reporting (Reports are under "School Examination Statistics," under Education (3rd bullet).
- Dental Assisting (Reports are under "Practical Examination Statistics" and "Written Examination Statistics"--click on "Link to 2012-2012 Written Examination Statistics")
- Registered Nursing
- 5. University Transfer Data
- Transfers to CSU by Campus
- Transfers to UC by Campus
- Transfers to In-State Private and
Out-of-State Colleges Four-Year Colleges
- Transfers by Ethnicity
Information Links (California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office)
back to top
[Insert Department Name] Web page
Content Responsible: First Last Name, Job Title/Position, Telephone
Technical Contact: First Last Name, Job Title/Position, Telephone