GOVERNANCE REVIEW COUNCIL (GRC)
The Governance Review Council will monitor and evaluate the governance process to ensure that:
- The system’s processes are open and transparent.
- Governance committees adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Participatory Governance System Plan.
- Committees fulfill their charges effectively.
- Committee members regularly communicate with their constituent group.
- Recommendations are consistent with the mission of the College.
- The College actively maintains its participatory governance system.
The Governance Review Council shall:
- Conduct an evaluation of the governance system annually or more frequently when deemed necessary by two of the three senates or the Board of Trustees.
- Serve as an adjudicating body for any issues having to do with the governance process. All recommendations will be written, justified and distributed to the College Council.
- Establish appropriate timelines to complete tasks and make recommendations.
- Recommend to College Council changes and revisions to the Participatory Governance System that are based on evaluation process and recommendations from governance groups consistent with current laws and regulations.
- 2 faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- 2 classified staff appointed by official classified staff appointing body.
- 2 students appointed by the Student Senate
- 2 managers appointed by the Superintendent/President
- The Chair or Co-chairs will be elected from the group.
Printer friendly version of Governance Review Council description.
Members and Staff Resources
2012-2013 GRC Members & Staff Resources:
GRC currently meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 3:00-4:00 p.m. when classes are in session during the Academic Calendar year. Check the Governance Meetings Calendar to confirm room location and current meeting dates and times.
Agendas, Minutes and Meeting Materials
Additional References/Materials/Accreditation Evidence
Email to GRC Committee re EPC Charge
Email 11-16-2011 re quorum
back to top