AΓΣ Home Videos & Meeting Schedule Upcoming Events
Contact Information Additional
Can't make the meetings? You may still join! Visit our Meeting Schedule page for more information.
You can also join our Facebook group to stay informed about all upcoming events
Alpha Gamma Sigma (also referred to as ΑΓΣ or AGS) is a California Community College Scholastic Honor Society. The Greek Letters in our name were selected because they are the initials from Greek words whose meanings represent the motto of ΑΓΣ: "Add to good character, knowledge, and judgment." We are the Alpha Sigma Chapter at College of Marin. We are active around campus as well and throughout the community. We do events ranging from creek clean-ups to social barbecues. Unlike other clubs, recognition or your membership appears on your transcripts which looks great if you are going to transfer. Other benefits of AΓΣ include letters of recommendation and scholarship opportunities. Alpha Gamma Sigma is a great way to help out our community and meet other College of Marin students with similar goals.
Eligibility Requirements for Membership
- You must have completed a minimum of 12 graded units in a maximum of 3 semesters, or 18 quarter units in a maximum of 5 quarters, at any recognized institution of higher education and
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Or if you do not have the minimum number of units required, you must be a lifetime member of the California Scholarship Federation or have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.50
AGS has additional requirements in order to be a member. To learn about these requirements please join us at our first mandatory meeting, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member, you will have access to many benefits, including:
- Recognition for academic excellence on your college transcript and at graduation
- Eligibility for College of Marin AGS Academic & Service Awards
- Eligibility for AGS Statewide Scholarships every spring
- Letters of recommendation from our AGS advisors
- Opportunities for community service involvement
- Invitations to AGS hosted events, such as the annual Teacher Appreciation Dinner
- Meet other motivated students within the College of Marin community
- A chance to attend state & regional conventions with honor students from all over California
back to top
COM Alpha Gamma Sigma
Content Responsible: Jessica Park, Faculty Co-Advisor,
Technical Contact: Melanie Jordan, President AGS, (415) 457-8811 x7213, Lucas Tabachnick,
Web/Tech Coordinator of AGS