The Job Placement Center provides employment resources for employers, students and the Marin Community.
The College of Marin’s Job Placement Center was established in 1926 to offer students, alumni and community members resources for finding temporary, part-time and full time jobs in Marin County.
College of Marin’s Free Online Job Search Manager – NACElink powered by Symplicity
College of Marin’s free service together with the NACElink Network, one of the largest recruiting networks of colleges and career centers, provides local, national and international employment opportunities. Once registered, students and alumni may view local, national and international job opportunities.
College of Marin reserves the right to edit job postings without notice, to meet our guidelines or to remove inappropriate questions and/or language.
The College of Marin offers, through our free job search manager, the ability to post positions and view potential employee’s resumes. This online job search is available from any computer with internet access 24/hours a day, 7 days a week. Your position can be posted and you may view resumes of potential applicants.
The Center now offers interactive features for filling out the Student Employment Job Order Form (download PDF) which can be posted directly into our binders.
Login instruction for employers
- Log on to marin-csm.symplicity.com
- Click on the link "For Employers"
- You may use the ‘Registration and Post’ tab on top of page.
- Fill out the registration online form, and submit
When you submit your registration, it comes to us for approval. We will review it and send you a confirming email.
We are unable to process any submissions made after office hours or on weekends. Submissions during these time periods will be processed the following business day. Once you complete your registration and posting, our students can log on and view your positions.
Please advise us when you hire College of Marin's students or former students. It is statistical data which keeps our free service up and running.
Students, Alumni, and Community Members
The NACElink service makes available 24/hours a day, 7 days a week the opportunity to view current positions offered by local, national and international employers. You may also post a resume and have emails sent to you regarding your position of interest.
- Register and view current job postings provided by local employers from any computer
- View national and international positions
- Receive e-mail notifications via the Search Agent regarding active job positions based on skills and job goals
- Post and update a resume
- Allow potential employers to view your resume
- Receive notification of on-campus career fairs
Login instruction for students, alumni, and community members
- Log on to marin-csm.symplicity.com
- Click on the link "For Student/alumni"
- Click on the "Register" tab; fill in the online form, and submit
- Once you receive your email confirmation, return to the Web site and sign in with the username and password you created.
Once you are registered in the system, you can use the Search Agent to have new job postings sent to your email address.
Step 1: Click on “Job Tab”
Step 2: Click on CSM Job
Step 3: “Job Postings” will pop up with the “Search Agent” tab
Now you are able to register and receive email notifications of new job postings.
Job Reader Board and Resource Binders
Do you need a part-time or short term job to pay for an extra expense? The Job Placement Center provides an additional service of the Reader Board and binders – positions in accounting,
office support, computers, finance, and other careers such as
health, childcare, restaurant, retail, as well as short-term
labor. The office also has listings for internships (paid & unpaid)
and seasonal work.
Stop by the Job Placement Center where current employment is posted and updated daily. Both are located outside the Job Placement Center office at Student Services Building, room 206.
Click here to download Student Employment Job Order form.
Student Housing Reader Board
Are you looking for a roommate? Do you need to rent out your home or apartment? We have a housing board where you can post your needs for free. Stop by the Job Placement office and ask for a roommate needed form or a for rent form. If you are looking for a new place to live, please visit our office and read the postings on the housing board.
Click here to download Student Housing Intake Form
- My Cheap Apartments - Specializes in the development of nationwide, affordable apartment listings.
- EAH HOUSING Resource Sheet is available for viewing outside the Job Placement Center, Room 206, during office hours. This Resource Sheet is specifically for low income and disabled individuals.
Newsletter May 2013
Job Fairs on Campus
Twice a year the Job Placement Center sponsors seasonal job fairs for students, alumni and community members to meet the employers directly. These are networking opportunities. We invite and encourage potential employees to attend with resumes in hand, dressed for success. This is also a opportunity to obtain on-the-spot job interviews with future employers.
Testimonial and success stories
Annual Fall College of Marin Career Fair was a HUGE SUCCESS
Next Annual Fall Career Fair will be held FALL 2014
THANKS to all of Employers who made our event a HUGE SUCCESS!
- Banana Republic
- Boys & Girls Club
- Bright Horizons
- Cedars of Marin
- Conservation Corp.
- The Home Depot
- In The Weeds
- Jamba Juice
- Legal Shield
- Marin Biological Lab
- Mary Kay (Pink Haven)
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza
- Nelson Staffing
- Old Navy
- Paradise Foods
- Robert Half International
- Subway Northbay
- Susie Cakes
- TJ Maxx
- Urban Outfitters
- US Army
- Walnut Creek Police Dept.
- Wells Fargo
- West Elm
- Woodlands Market
- After College
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- College of Marin Single Stop
- Dog Spot Rescue
- Employment Development Dept.
- San Rafael Chamber of Commerce
- Veterans Resource Center
- This Vivid Life
Annual Healthcare/Dental Employment Fair
Skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, dentists and dental labs from the Bay Area will be available to take applications for employment. Also attending are universities presenting transfer opportunities in the healthcare field. This is an excellent opportunity for nurses, CNAs, RDA, dental assistants and homecare employees to network. Our job fairs and employment resources are open to community members as well as College of Marin students and alumni.
A Resume Workshop will be held in anticipation of the Healthcare/Dental Employment Fair. The date of this workshop is April 17, 2013; location, Student Services Building, Conference Room A & B.
Dr. Beth Milwid, PHD, Consulting Psychologist & Community Education Instructor, will be conducting our Resume Workshop.
Reservations are encouraged as space is limited.
Please call (415) 485-9410 to reserve your space.
Next Annual Spring Career Fair will be held SPRING 2014
Veterans/Armed Forces Career and General Resources
Job Links For Veterans
Career Related Web Sites for Additional Opportunties
- Resume Builder - Free online resume builder
- AfterCollege - Entry-level jobs and internships for students of nursing, engineering, business and all disciplines
- AllStarJobs - Free for job seekers and employers and/or recruiters to search for and post open positions. Free resume search tool.
- Glassdoor - Search millions of job listings and see company salaries, reviews, and inside connections for any company
- Career Jet
- Monster - One of the best.
- MonsterCollege™ - The top job network for college students and recent graduates.
- Career Builder - 106 million jobs across the country
- Career Profiles - California Job Search and Employment Resources
- Cal JOBS
- Jobs SFGate - The Bay Area's Employment Guide
- Job Smart - Northern California job search by Bay Area Public Libraries
- Bright- Build Resume, apply for jobs
- North Bay Careers- Find more employment-related resources
- JVS- Workshops and events, meet employers, find or post a job
- Bay Jobs- Assisting job seekers with their search
- Contract Job Hunter
- Job-Applications - Complete Online Job Applications with multiple companies
- Care - Find local jobs
- Marin Employment Connection - Powered by Workforce Investment Board of Marin County
- Sonoma County Job Link
- eMedical Assistants - Information on Medical Assisting scholarships, careers, training programs, certification and National school ratings
- EASTBAY Works
- Americas Workforce Network
- Retirement Jobs - Free service that allows you to search for opportunities with thousands of employers nationwide. RetirementJobs.com reviews and certifies companies that have age-friendly hiring practices.
- Dice - Job search for technology professionals
- IT Career Paths - Information for job seekers in the IT/Tech realm
- Engineer Jobs - Lists many engineering roles in different sectors in the UK and abroad
- Job a lot
- Educating Engineers - Detailed information about specific engineering specialties and educational opportunities
- Care - Part-time work as a babysitter, nanny, tutor or other caregiver employment opportunity
- Just Jobs - Career lessons, job search guide, leading job board for Hispanics and bilinguals
- ESL 101 - A resource for a career in teaching English as a Second Language
WHAT EMPLOYERS ARE LOOKING FOR
Read and Follow Directions
Does the application call for a writing sample or salary history? Are you being instructed to mail all materials by a certain date? Were you asked to fax a resume? Job advertisements mention specific directions for a reason - follow them.
A good communicator possesses outstanding written and oral skills, and knows how to use them effectively.
Employers prefer hiring someone who can demonstrate their ability to quickly identify a problem or need.
Enthusiasm is attractive to employers. Show your enthusiasm!
Demonstrate your uncompromising integrity, professional ethics and personal morals.
10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Student Services Building, Room 206
Tel (415) 485.9410
Fax (415) 457.3896
Building 27, Room 103
Indian Valley Campus
back to top
Job Placement and Housing Center webpage
Technical Contact Carol Lynn Perez, Job Placement Technician, 415.485.9410
Content Responsible: David Cook, Financial Aid Director, 415.485.9409