From:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Becky Reetz
Sent:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Friday, April 20, 2012 6:33 PM
To:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Anna Pilloton; Armond Phillips; Arnulfo Cedillo; Becky Reetz; Bob Balestreri; Cheryl Carlson; Chialin Hsieh; Chris Schultz; David Cook; DavidWain Coon; Dee Fraites; Gaylene Urquhart; Glade Van Loan; Janice Austin; Jason Lau; June Lee; Letta Hlavachek; Lyda Beardsley; Rhonda Jones; Sara McKinnon; Sara Oser; Susan Andrien; Theo Fung; Yolanda Bellisimo
Subject:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† SS SLO email #2
Attachments:††††††††††††††††††††††††† Student Services Update 4_17_2012.pptx; Student Services SLO Assessment Process.doc; SS SLO Strategies for EPC.doc
Hereís the second email. Attached, please find:
1) The Power Point presentation shown in the meeting
2) The chart that shows our Student Services SLO Assessment process, for you to review before you complete the surveys below
3) As requested, the summary of all of the SLOs and strategies generated from each program. I created this document in a hurry so if there are any inaccuracies, please donít hesitate to let me know. This document will hopefully provide one place that you can look to see what everyone is doing.
Here are the links to the 2 surveys we are asking everyone to complete.
1) This survey asks three questions regarding your thoughts about our SS SLO process. Your valuable input is appreciated. Feel free to check out the SS SLO Assessment Process Doc for a refresher on our overall process if itís helpful.
2) This survey asks 8 questions taken directly from the ACCJC (WASC) rubric that states how they define proficiency- which is where we are supposed to be with all of our SLOs by October 2012. We would like to know where you think the Student Services SLO process at COM ranks according to the WASC standards. Please note regarding #5: we recognize that resources have not yet been allocated so itís ok to say not applicable for now.
Thanks again for taking the time to read all of this and respond to the surveys. We realize this is a lot of information and we want to make this process as clear and as smooth as possible for all of you. So again, please donít hesitate to contact us with your suggestions.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Becky (and Chialin)
Interim EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs Coordinator
College of Marin
"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire"