Course Proposal Submission
Community Education is now accepting course proposals for the Winter and/or Spring 2014 quarters*.
Current submission deadline: Friday, August 2, 2013
*Please read the following important notes before submitting a proposal:
1) Submitting a proposal does not guarantee that the class or activity will be accepted or added to the College of Marin's Community Education offerings. If added, no guarantees are made that the department will automatically continue offering the activity or program.
2) Only proposals submitted electronically will be accepted. You also have the option to provide additional information which may clarify your proposal. You will receive an email
confirmation within three (3) business days of your submission confirming that your Course Proposal was received. If you did not receive the email confirmation after 3 business days, you may contact Heather Peitz at Heather.Peitz@marin.edu. Please note that materials submitted will not be returned. No partial submissions will be accepted.
3) Your resume is required, but it doesn’t need to be fancy. We are interested in your education, teaching experience, certifications, trainings, and achievements related to your proposed course(s).
4) If you are applying to teach in the Emeritus program, we would also be interested in hearing about any professional or volunteer interface you have with older adults
(55 years or older).
5) Following the submission deadline, all proposals will be reviewed by the director and program staff. Only those selected as candidates will be contacted and invited to interview.
If we are interested in your course proposal, you will be contacted within six to eight weeks or sooner.
6) Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to each proposal individually. We also cannot respond to phone calls or emails requesting the status of a submitted Course Proposal. We ask that you not contact us for follow-up on previously submitted materials. If we have further questions about your submission, we will contact you. If you don’t hear from us within sixty days following the submission deadline, it's safe to assume that we are not going pursue your course proposal.
7) Please download the required course proposal form here (WORD), which you may complete and return with your resume. The two-page proposal form is easy to complete. Text in boxes will wrap automatically; please use hard returns only at the end of a paragraph. Please email your proposal and resume to Heather Peitz at Heather.Peitz@marin.edu.
Thank you very much for your interest in our program.
Jason Lau, Ph.D.
Director, Community Education, Lifelong Learning and International Education
College of Marin
Community Education web page
Technical Contact: Cheryl Lynn Carlson, Program Specialist, Community Education, Lifelong Learning and International Education, 415.485.9311
Content Responsible: Dr. Jason Lau, Director, Community Education, Lifelong Learning and International Education, 415.485.9316