California and Marin County Reports and Data
A Portrait of Marin - Marin County Human Development Report 2012
- A look at health, access to knowledge, and living standards in Marin County.
California Department of Finance
- General: California population, demographics, employment, and more.
Marin Economic Bulletin Fall 2014 - Marin Economic Forum
- Marin County economic information compared with other areas
California Higher Education
California Community Colleges Data Mart
- Data on community college student enrollment, demographics, outcomes and more. Downloadable files.
California Postsecondary Education Commission
- Postsecondary: college going and transfer data.
California State University Chancellor's Office Data
- Data on CSU enrollment, student demographics, graduates, and more.
California State University - Early Assessment Program
- Test score reports, data files and more.
California K-12 Education
California Basic Educational Data System
- K-12 Student & School Data Reports: historical data reports on student and school demographics. Downloadable files.
California Deptartment of Education Data Quest
- K-12: enrollments, demographics, graduates, test scores, and more.
Education Research and Policy
Education Insights Center at California State University, Sacramento
- K-12 and postsecondary: research publications on policy and practices, including curriculum and student success.
ERIC - Institute of Education Sciences
- General: searchable database of education literature and reports..
NCHEMS - Information Center for Higher Education Policymaking and Analysis
- Postsecondary: reports on education by U.S. state.
Research and Planning Group for California Community Colleges
- Postsecondary: reports and links to student success studies and other useful sites.
U.S. National Data
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System at U.S. Department of Education
- Postsecondary: wide range of student and instructional characteristics, with comparison group selection capabilities. Downloadable files.
- Tthe percentage of a school's borrowers who enter repayment and default.
- General: U.S. population, demographics, employment, and more. Downloadable files.
- K-16: System that collects data about student success and transition from every segment of California education.
Educational Results Partnership (formerly "Just for the Kids")
- K-12: information on California public schools and best practices
- K-12: individual school profiles for parents.
Office of Planning, Research, and Institutional Effectiveness (PRIE)
Technical Contact: Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director, PRIE, 415.485.9570